Admissions FAQ

Graduate School of Psychology

These are some of the frequently asked questions for the admissions procedure for the one-year Master’s tracks offered at the Graduate School of Psychology of the University of Amsterdam.

However, if you have any questions about your admission for the two-year Research Master Psychology, please send them to

I am trying to apply for Master’s track in Psychology through Studielink. I cannot seem to select the track of my choice. What should I do?

When registering in Studielink, you should select the Master’s programme ‘Psychology’ at the University of Amsterdam.  Students who want to apply for a clinical track (offered in Dutch only) should choose the option ‘Gezondheidszorgpsychologie’. You will be then be able to specify the master's track.

After having completed your application in Studielink, it will take 1 or 2 days before the Central Student Administration sends you an email with a link to the application form. You will be instructed to upload your document(s) there.

I did not get an email with a link to the application form. What should I do?

1) Make sure you have completed your registration in Studielink.
2) The Central Student Administration will send you an email with a link to the application form within 1 or 2 days after your registration in Studielink. Please keep an eye on your inbox and do not forget to check your spam filter.
3) Make sure you check the inbox that corresponds with the email address you have mentioned in Studielink.

Note that the Student Desk Psychology cannot speed up the process of sending you the link to the application form. Please make sure you register on time. We recommend you start your application at least a couple of days before the deadline, in order to avoid complications or delay.

I am filling out the online application form. For some reason the summary of my uploads does not equal my actual uploads, and the GPA I have mentioned is not visible in the summary. What should I do?

There is no need to worry. Once you submit your application, we can see all the information you have filled out.

I have registered in Studielink and submitted the online application form. I did not get any confirmation. Have you received my application?

If you've submitted your application, rest assured that we received it and wil process it. You will hear from us within a month after the application deadline. 

Can I apply for more than one Master’s track?

Yes, you can submit a second application in Studielink. 

I am already enrolled in a Master’s programme at the University of Amsterdam in the current academic year. I want to apply for a second Master’s track in Psychology, starting in September 2018. I cannot seem to apply in Studielink, what should I do?

Please get in touch with the Student Desk Psychology at (unless you have already emailed us, then we will get back to you). We will send you the information you need in order to submit your application for a second Master’s track.

My fellow students have already heard back about their application. I have not. Was my application rejected?

You will hear from us within about a month after the application deadline has expired. Some other students may have already received a reply, still we kindly ask for your patience.

Published by  GSP

26 January 2018